close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

fed up with not enough info to help newbies

Thread began 9/27/2009 1:40 pm by terry211640 | Last modified 10/15/2009 2:17 am by terry211640 | 12463 views | 55 replies

terry211640

thanks for reply

i appreciate your reply, thankyou

i guess i am blowing off gas at the moment because nothing i can do seems to be working. yesterday i could download the pdfs fine and today i cant? it seems to go almost all the way of downloading but then freezes at the end if i am wrong in saying its a webassist problem then i apologise

regarding the helpfullness of documents
i really feel that the way things are written etc are not all bad, infact as you say with practice it could be picked up - the point i would like to make and hopefully anyone can answer is that the help is not complete.
i dont want something to tell me to create a dataassist wizard entry based on 3 seperate tables called three seperate things when i dont know how to structure those tables what contents to put in the fields (i am using phpmyadmin and mysql)- what fields to have - how many - do i always have a id primary key - can the different tables communicate like that or does each one need to be different.

i feel there needs to be a whole layer of info before you even touch the webassist stuff just so you can work with the webassist stuff - even if the info said create 1 database with two tables call them anything you like but make sure you use these amounts of rows cos this particular filed (insert name of important fields) is the primary key that makes them all think as one

its probably that i may have bitten off more than i can chew in trying to do the website i want and i am feeling run down and let down but i was really expecting more

i would be very gratefull to hear any further suggestions from yourself and others

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...