close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

concat firstname and lastname in child table

Thread began 9/26/2009 5:18 pm by jenkolaka19379118 | Last modified 1/27/2010 1:26 pm by jenkolaka19379118 | 9631 views | 14 replies

jenkolaka19379118

Dynamic Dropdowns, Concat and Universal Email

I am trying to create a list which will help me select multiple users to email. I have created the dynamic dropdowns with no problem.

parent table = person category
child table = people

The only question I have is you are only allowed to select one "child text field" in the Create Dynamic array Server Behavior. For my example I would need to select 2 child text fields "firstname" and "lastname". Is there a way to manually concat "firstname" and "lastname" manually in the php generated code. If so would you be able to tell which line of code I should change?

Secondly the objective here is to create an email list (using the target list) and incorporate universal email. The recordset created by dynamic dropdowns SELECT * FROM my people table, contains all the neccessary fields I need for my email form i.e. "firstname" "lastname" "email". I would like to describe my idea to make it easier for you to help me.

I want to spread this process on 2 pages.

1. The first page will contain my WA dynamic dropdown list and the user will select the various people and move them to the "target list" for emailing then click submit.

2. The submit button will take them to the second page, a form which will have universal email applied to it. UE will send/echo the contents of the form to everybody in the "target list". The problem is I am not sure how to get the email addresses from the "target list", or perform a universal email recordset loop? From what I have read in this forum, on submit of the dynamic dropdown the child ID is passed, therefore dataassist search server behaviour is needed to get the other required recordset values.

In Summary what I need to know is;

1. How do I submit form1 (dynamic dropdown "target list" people) to another page, form2 the email form that will contain a textarea for email content? i.e. target list (page 1) to email form (page 2)

2. Which page do I apply data assist search server behaviour and how do I configure it to my "target list" to get the required email addresses, firstname and lastname? What do I set the trigger to? Which table do I pull from, parent or child? If I select the child table which is my people table in the add+ window to I leave the separator as AND? In the column: section to I select the ID field, email field, or ctrl all the fields that I would require to send out the email? Finally in the value: binding do I set the value to the target menu/list in the form?

3. Which page do I apply Universal Email? What do I set the trigger to? How do I configure it to send a email to everyone on the "target list"? What value do I select in the TO TAB when I click the lightening bolt to select a value? Would it be the datassist search session value?

Your Help in Greatly Appreciated

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...