close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Problem/ Question on accomplishing bank payment the right way

Thread began 9/24/2009 12:59 am by jajja | Last modified 9/25/2009 3:58 pm by jajja | 1488 views | 3 replies

jajja

Problem/ Question on accomplishing bank payment the right way

First of all, sorry for a long post and also sorry for my English, my mother tung is Swedish.

In the checkout process (asp, ecart 4) I gather the necessary information about the customer (name.asp). Then after hitting "Ok", on the next page (payment.asp) the user can, besides review the order, choose his/her own bank from the 4 bank-logos and upon clicking on one of these the user is taken to his/her bank to pay online for the purchase, these logos are submitting a form with a bunch of hidden fields. This is the only way for me to do it, it's by the bank's rules for online payment's. This means that this very page is the last page that I can influence in any way before the transaction is to be taken place (or rejected by the customer or the bank). This means that I have the order sent upon clicking one of these bank-logos. This is too early. It could be that the user chances his/her mind before making the transaction at the bank or maybe the transaction simply fails for other reasons.

I have tried to make this kind of work by sending another mail to the store owner when the customer is taken to the "thank you" -page after a successful payment. This mail includes some information of the payment embedded in the address bar which I'm able to pass on in the mail.
This is obvious not satisfactory as every order that comes in has to be checked against another mail.

Now the store owner insists that the order is sent only after a bank transfer has taken place.

I guess this would have to be done by NOT emptying the cart upon clicking on the bank logo on (payment.asp) and that the order would be sent at the "thank you" -page after a successful bank-transfer and then the cart would be emptied. But how? Is this possible? The payment is made outside of the site, isn't the session lost? I know I am ;)

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...