close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

FB Design Problems and General Question

Thread began 9/23/2009 9:02 am by paputxi | Last modified 9/24/2009 5:47 am by paputxi | 1948 views | 4 replies

Stevebo

I mentioned what I found in another post regarding the text input widths. It appears as though when using Edit Design, you can set the values for small, medium, large, and X-Large under Form Elements->Textarea (for example) or Form Elements ->Text (and for others such as the combo group, etc.). Once you do this (I didn't like the rather large values for the width of these input fields), you then go to Edit Form, and where you see your textarea or text listed under "Set 1" (for example), you can choose small, medium, large, or X-Large that you set earlier during the Edit Design phase to choose how wide/high the input field will be. It will use whichever value you select and will use the pixel width that you assigned in Edit Design. So that's how it appears you control the width/height of the input fields that will be ulitimately used on your page. Design potential sizes in Edit Design, then choose the designed size of interest in Edit Form.

Again, assign the desired width/height of form inputs using Edit Design that "could" be used during Edit Form, then choose the actual size (small, medium, ...) you want to use during Edit Form (where it shows Line followed by Set x followed by the input in question) to control the width/height of the input field.

Mine too defaults to 15px for form elements by the way. I happen to use ems for my settings (.9ems), so I change the value. It looks as though you can set the font and its size under Form when in Edit Design, but the labels font and point size will override what is set there if you change it (probably because it's more specific if you look at the CSS file's code).

The place where I got into trouble last night was with saving presets while in Edit Form. It seems as though when clicking the category I wanted, it would revert to Login even though I selected something else for the category. I didn't notice it do that and ended up creating a preset that overrode my login preset which was unintentional. Also noticed that choosing a Design could be tricky in a similar way. So you have to be real careful when saving a preset around the name of the Category and Design so that it doesn't overwrite the preset that you didn't intend to alter. It cost me lots of time reconstructing some of the work I overwrote before I realize what was going on.

hope this helps,

steve

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...