close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

FB Design Problems and General Question

Thread began 9/23/2009 9:02 am by paputxi | Last modified 9/24/2009 5:47 am by paputxi | 1949 views | 4 replies

paputxi

Thanks for your reply, Eric.

I was able to determine why the labels always came out as 15px. Starting with an empty site I created a PHP file and then brought up FB. After selecting Form Elements from the top drop down menu and Elements Labels from the second drop down menu, there was a value of 15px already pre-assigned for the font size. If I removed that value, so that the field was now blank (and not setting it to 0), I could then select Form from the top drop down menu and then specify the desired font size there along with the font family and color. So, it appears that initial 15px value in the Elements Labels was overriding what I was specifying up front. So that problem is solved. (Eric, when you first generate a form do you see a 15px font size value in under Elements Labels, like I indicated? I'm trying to see if maybe I have corrupted my installation of FB somehow.)

Regarding the field widths problem, that still exists. I do see where I can select like Large, Medium or Small from a drop down menu for a Textarea under Form Elements. No matter which one I choose, I then specified a Width of 325px (or similar) and a Height of 75px, thinking that would force the field to use my values. Then after selecting Text from the second drop down menu, I again specified a Width value to be the same as one I had specified for Textarea. (I did not change the Height value here.) That is, I wanted all fields to be the same length. However, the result is always the same. That is, my values seem to be ignored. Or perhaps they are being overridden somewhere?? BTW, I do upload all files in the site each time to make sure I am getting all modifications. And, I do a refresh each time in my browser.

Regarding specifying a smaller width for the form to fit the page, I did test that on my own and it does work as you indicated. That might eliminate any problems like I had earlier experienced where I had to specify a negative offset to get the form to fit on the page correctly. I had created a separate thread on that issue previously.

Anymore thoughts on the width and height problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your support on this, Eric.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...