close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Post Dreamweaver

Thread began 9/28/2014 2:58 pm by Patrice | Last modified 10/25/2014 5:28 pm by Patrice | 3438 views | 8 replies

PatriceWebAssist

@Steve: Thanks for your thoughts. Golive was several years after my first web adventures too. First was plain old hand coding (not too tough as back then, tables weren't even around yet). I can remember the first time I figured out how to put a .gif file on a text page! I was so excited! :-) This was in 1995 or so. I littered that page with butterflies, if I recall. Checking the way back machine, my first "commercial" attempt was November 1996. Talk about ugly stuff! :-) Pretty sure that was Pagemill or Sitemill; too long ago to recall. And, yes, I bought into InterAKT too, about 3 months before Adobe killed it off. So no love lost for Adobe in this office.

As far as your thought that Ray might sell out to Adobe, I'd like to think not. Just stubborn pride, if nothing else. :-) I doubt Ray reads all these ramblings, but if you do Ray, it would be great to hear your long term plans, i.e., life beyond Adobe.

And as for me and more time for other things, I have already built up my company, my kids are grown, and there is nothing I enjoy more than working and learning new stuff. It's my addiction of choice.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

A PS: The first coding I learned was working at a newspaper as a reporter and business desk editor. H1 was 72 pts, h2, was 48 etc. I didn't know it at the time, but it served as a solid foundation to writing css. It was always a great humiliation to mis code the type setting and have the press man roar into the newsroom holding a huge sheet of paper with content at 72pt and yelling "who was the idiot who did this!?" I only suffered that one once. :-)

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...