close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Post Dreamweaver

Thread began 9/28/2014 2:58 pm by Patrice | Last modified 10/25/2014 5:28 pm by Patrice | 3437 views | 8 replies

Steve

@Patrice, I was a hold out as well. Been doing this long before GoLive as well as using some other extensions for DW that were from a Romanian company that Adobe bought up and then killed off (InterAKT). But you have to put aside your pride and sometimes admit defeat if doing so will allow you to work faster and have more time for other things (like building your company or spending time with family).

BTW, if your looking for an alternative, buy Zend Studio and learn to code from scratch. Then you can take your extension created code, build on it, and save it as snippets (effectively the same as an extension albeit a bit more manual). This will allow you to cut your ties with Adobe who are in it for the money as is any business.

One thing to consider is what if Adobe buys out WebAssist? I'm sure the partners at WA would be more than happy to sell to Adobe and then Adobe could kill them off also as they've shown in past precedent. Then you'd be back at square one, and hand coding via Zend, Eclipse etc.

Personally I think Adobe is focused on biggest bang for the buck and Developers are only fractional in comparison to newbs and hobbyists so they really don't care about databased pages or dynamic elements. If they did, we still see the means to work on aspx pages and the server extensions would not have been deprecated... So be aware that one day you may wake up and find DW no longer a viable developer tool much to the disappointment of people like you an me.

Since, I'm rambling, it would be nice to see Microsoft make Visual Studio PHP savvy. I also use VS 2013 and it has a number of benefits over DW and Eclipse/Zend Studio.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...