close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

combining 2 tables using a 3rd table as the link table.

Thread began 7/28/2014 6:44 am by Christopher West | Last modified 8/01/2014 11:23 am by Christopher West | 2203 views | 13 replies

Christopher WestCommunity Expert

I hada quick look at that tutorial, most of it was refering how to build the page etc. but all i need is the actual recordset code. What I was thinking though when you sent me that link, isnt a nested recordset code that gets placed inside a repeat region...if thats correct then I dont think that would work in my case. Im wondering if I have explained my issues completely wrong and you getting the wrong idea...unless I am missing it completely :)

I was giving this code example which I need to adjust for my own purpose, but this was using sub-query:

php:
Select products.product_id, products.product_name, othertable.category_id, othertable.category_name

from products
JOIN (SELECT categories.category_id, categories.category_name) othertable ON (products.category_id = other table.category_id)

But then again when looking at that code, I dont see how that would work to fit my purpose.

Its so frustrating that I cannot understand it. I need a beer I think!

from that link tutorial you gave me, though I cannot see how that recordset example would help me.

Chris

When I have tried various examples of recordsets, as each page content will be different, I got one page that displays ALL products (which is fine as thats what I added into the featured table), however another page that may have a mix od products and feedback it displays the product, however below it it doesnt display the feedback code, yet it displays the layout of the product (ie missing image and missing heading, so its assumning its a product but since there is no ID associated with it then it wont display the data). and thn on another page where its suppose to display a few feedback entries it only displays 1 and the second comes with a warning "Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, array given in C:\xampp\htdocs\dinky\plugins\plg-side-information.php on line 106"

Im going crazy lol

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...