close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Sage Pay not working in ECart 6

Thread began 7/22/2014 5:10 am by daniel279790 | Last modified 7/31/2014 3:21 pm by daniel279790 | 4229 views | 15 replies

daniel279790

Sage Pay not working in ECart 6

Hi there
I've been using Ecart 4 happily for a few years now (currently in CSS6 on a Mac), but a client has recently decided to change from PayPal to SagePay. I used to use a simple form connection from Ecart to PayPal and wanted to do the same with Sage Pay but I had big problems getting this to work and after speaking to someone at Sage Pay customer support they suggested that it might be because Ecart 4 was set up for ProtX, (old Sage Pay) and I needed to upgrade to Ecart 6 as Sage Pay are stopping all support for ProtX in the next 12 months.

So I’ve finally upgraded to Ecart 6 and set up a test folder to try and get the cart to connect to Sage Pay via the checkout form. But I’m still hitting various problems and so wondered if you guys could possibly help me?

Using the basic Checkout Wizard I’ve selected Sage Pay and its created the necessary files (confirm.php, checkout.php etc etc).

The form on the checkout page points to…
<form class="NewFromBlank_Default" id="Payment_NewFromBlank_Default" name="Payment_NewFromBlank_Default" method="post" action="https://test.sagepay.com/Simulator/VSPFormGateway.asp”>

Using this setting I get this error (see attached pic1), where it says I haven’t provided the Vendor name (even though I added the Vendor name in the Checkout Wizard).

So I manually added the Vendor name to the confirm.php page, by changing this line…
<input id="Vendor" name="Vendor" type="hidden" value="<?php echo("".($WA_SagePay_VSP_Form_Vendor) .""); ?>" />

to this…
<input id="Vendor" name="Vendor" type="hidden" value="craftuk" />

Then when I tested it I got this message (see attached pic2), that says the Vendor name is not in the Sage Pay database. So I spoke to Say Pay customer support again and they said it’s because the form is pointing to…
https://test.sagepay.com/Simulator/VSPFormGateway.asp

And it shouldn’t be (even though that’s what the Checkout Wizard automatically set it to!!!)

They told me to change the form to point to…
https://live.sagepay.com/gateway/service/vspform-register.vsp

So I did that by changing the form tag to...
<form class="NewFromBlank_Default" id="Payment_NewFromBlank_Default" name="Payment_NewFromBlank_Default" method="post" action="https://live.sagepay.com/gateway/service/vspform-register.vsp”>

But now when I process the confirm page with the Vendor set to…
<input id="Vendor" name="Vendor" type="hidden" value="<?php echo("".($WA_SagePay_VSP_Form_Vendor) .""); ?>" />

I get a different looking error page saying the Vendor name needs to be included (see attached pic3).

But when include it by manually changing the Vendor to this…
<input id="Vendor" name="Vendor" type="hidden" value="craftuk" />

I get strange HTML code displaying in my browser (see attached pic4), I’ve highlight in red that it looks like it doesn’t like the Currency field this time and says that field is missing! Even though the currency field is correctly in the form…
<input id="Currency" name="Currency" type="hidden" value="<?php echo("GBP"); ?>" />

I don’t really want to start messing with that currency field if the problem is something else entirely. So I though I’d run it passed you to see if you have any ideas where I’m going wrong???

Many thanks for your time, hope it all makes sense.

Richard

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...