close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Quantity based discounts by category - yet more bugs in eCart?

Thread began 5/02/2014 2:17 am by Nathon Jones Web Design | Last modified 5/02/2014 9:40 am by Nathon Jones Web Design | 633 views | 1 replies

Nathon Jones Web Design

Quantity based discounts by category - yet more bugs in eCart?

I have followed other forum posts about this, although I felt I had grasped the concept anyway until, of course, I actually tried it!

I would like to offer a quantity based discount for items in a specific category. I have added a new column to my cart - "Type" - which is binded to the category column from my recordset on the Add to Cart page. The value is numeric - 1 for Spotlights, 2 for Bulbs - the only two categories I'd like the discount applied to.

I then created the following rules in the eCart object (the examples given below are for the Spotlights type only)...

5% Discount Rule (25+ Items)

Number of items with a specific column value
If the total number of items where Type has a value of 1 is >= a value of 25 AND
If the total number of items where Type has a value of 1 is < a value of 50

Based on items with a specific value
Total of TruePrice where Type has a value of 1 times 0.05

10% Discount Rule (50+ Items)

Number of items with a specific column value
If the total number of items where Type has a value of 1 is > a value of 50

Based on items with a specific value
Total of TruePrice where Type has a value of 1 times 0.1

When this is applied and I add 25+ items with category type 1 to my cart, it applies a discount but only on the single unit price so if I have 25+ items in my cart with a unit price of £5.30 (£132.50 in total) the discount that is being applied is 5% of £5.30, not 5% of the £132.50.

Here is a link to a product with category type 1:
https://www.ledwarehouseuk.com/LED-Lights-Bulbs.php?lbid=333

One thing I've noticed, that makes me suspect that this is yet another bug in eCart, is that where there are two triggers in my discount rule and I try to reinspect them via the eCart Object behaviour, it no longer displays the two trigger rules but, instead, has one long non-sensical trigger script listed which, of course, we can't edit so if we want to change details of the trigger we have to wipe it and start again. <sigh>

I can't see that I've done anything wrong in setting up the cart column OR the discount rules yet, surprise surprise, it doesn't do what is says on the tin!
It's incredibly frustrating after all the problems we've experienced already with eCart.

I'd appreciate your help in resolving this and also an explanation, if one is forthcoming, as to why we keep experiencing these strange oddities with WebAssist Extensions which, frankly, have done nothing to speed up our workflow in fact, if anything, they have only served to slow down our productivity.

Thank you
NJ

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...