close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Subscription Pricing for WebAssist Products?

Thread began 6/20/2009 10:08 am by golegup359373 | Last modified 2/16/2010 12:32 pm by golegup359373 | 5446 views | 12 replies

tykwondoka376105

Webassist Punishes Loyal Customers So Wait or go Elsewhere

Originally Said By: golegup359373
  Dear WebAssist,

I have been (for quite some time now) seriously considering purchasing the WebAssist Web Developer Suite or any of your products for that matter. However, I'm a bit reluctant to purchase anything until I absolutely need it, just in case WebAssist releases a major version upgrade to one of its products in the suite. In which case, I would have to repurchase an additional upgrade for that product.

I'm certain WebAssist has already considered a subscription pricing model for its products. But, I'm hoping WebAssist would reconsider this as an option. I would gladly pay a premium (e.g., an additional 20% PER YEAR for the privilege of receiving upgrades throughout the year)?

Don't get me wrong, I do understand you already offer a generous 50% discount on upgrades for individual products and suites. But, a "subscription model" would give me the added sense of "security" (real or not) that I didn't make a bad in descision in purhcasing a product TODAY instead of waiting.

Buyer's Remorse Syndrone:
--------------------------------
1.> "Oh, if only I had waited just a couple more months, I would have received the upgraded product version."

OR 2. > "Maybe I should wait just a couple more months longer, just in case WebAssist comes out with a new version of a product I really want.

Here's my thinking plain and simple: I would really like to purchase the eCart product (or any other product for example) but I've noticed, that their hasn't been a MAJOR version upgrade in almost 2 years! I'm certain WebAssist has been working on a newer version (eCart 5.0 for example), but understandably this information is kept secret.

So, the game I play is: "Do I purchase NOW or wait", "Do I purchase NOW or wait"? , "Do I purchase NOW or wait"?

A subscription model would resolve this dilemma for me. For example: If you sell a product suite for $500, I would gladly pay an additional $100 (20%), knowing that I would receives any upgrades within a year from my original purchase. -- sort of like an insurance policy...

Until then, I'll just have to continue playing the game "buy NOW or wait?", "buy NOW or wait?", "buy NOW or wait?". ------- For NOW, I'm still waiting. Cause, I just hate that feeling of remorse!

:-)  

This company likes to reward those who wait. I didn't wait and it ended up costing me $900. I guess it serves me right for doing business with these people. I could have gotten basically the same thing for $19.99 per month. Next time I will go to DMXzone.com for extensions.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...