close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

HTTP Error Code 404

Thread began 6/29/2013 8:18 am by elevy388997 | Last modified 7/15/2013 7:22 am by elevy388997 | 16594 views | 18 replies

elevy388997Beta Tester

HTTP Error Code 404

I am trying to connect to a database to use PowerCMS in order to add sections to the CMS. I have 2 databases connected through dreamweaver but now I get errors. I don't know what changed. What I do know is that the MMHTTPDB.php file is not in the testing server or remote server at all. When I first connected through dreamweaver to see the tables (maybe 20 minutes ago) I got in, but then I went to add an area to the CMS and I can't get into anything anymore. Even if I put "w" for the username and password, it gives me the 404. So it doesn't even get to the point of trying the login.

The _mmServerScripts folder has 777 permissions. I even found a copy of the file and uploaded it myself and my testing server deletes it...but leaves the main _mmServerScripts folder there.

Remote:
root dir: /public_html/
web url: http://www.williamsportwomenstennisleague.com/
connection: FTP
(connects fine)

Testing:
server Folder: G:\xampp\htdocs\WWTL\
web url: http://localhost/WWTL/
connection: Local/Network
(Xampp is up and running)

Thanks!

UPDATE: I found this - http://forums.adobe.com/message/5436661 -

"Apparently, the problem is that the MMHTTPDB.php and mysql.php files are not copied to the Connection folder. The user need to do that him/herself. The two files are found in Users/*username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CC/*language/Configuration/Connections/Scripts/PHP_MySQL. Btw, that is a new path to their location, so advices on where to find them in earlier versions of DW do not work with CC."

But my file was located at Users/*username/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Dreamweaver CC/en_US/configuration/Connections/Scripts/PHP_MySQL/_mmDBScripts

Now when I copied that into the local file and uploaded it I can get into my localhost database using the root username and password. Now how do I get it to access the remote server and upload to the appropriate databases?

When I put in the Remote database info, I get "MySQL Error#: 2002 A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond."

I've looked all this up and I tried turning off anti-virus, adding 127.0.0.1 localhost to the hosts file, adding my ip in the remote access portion of mysql...

So right now I have local testing server database connection and functionality, but my remote database connection gives me that MySQL Error#2002: .

Just in case, the info I am using to connect to the remote database is:
Server: FTP address
Username: MySQL username
Password: MySQL password

Sorry that I am so random, as I have further problems or what not I add it to my post.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...