close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Error in registration and update redirecting to correct page but loosing domain name

Thread began 4/30/2013 8:58 am by Jon Cunningham | Last modified 4/30/2013 11:56 am by Jon Cunningham | 1238 views | 6 replies

Jon CunninghamBeta Tester

Error in registration and update redirecting to correct page but loosing domain name

Hi Guys, Again thank you for the continued support in my learning curve.

Today's issue arises after adding a double opt in to my registration page.

I have followed said tutorial twice now with the same result.

When registering email fires correct and link works from email along with verification etc.

However, when you register, the redirect link does take you to the register-confirm.php but it looses the domain name prefix.

example - what should be:

http://mydomain.com/register-confirm.php

we get

register-comfirm.php

If i go into the redirect of the registration page and add a forward slash to user-confirm.php, the redirect works fine. Now this is all well and good but could someone confirm that this is the correct solution for the registration page?

We have the same issue with the update page - on update it looses the domain name prefix.

Again, adding a forward slash to the redirection link solves this problem.

Please could some confirm that this is also the right solution to loosing the domain name prefix.

I only ask as i have checked my page prior to following the Double Opt In Tutorial and the redirect links don't have a forward slash and updates fine etc.

Kind regards

Jonathon.

Attached Files
registration.zip
userupdate.zip

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...