close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

When will we see an update to jQuery instead of Spry?

Thread began 3/25/2013 10:55 am by neo314 | Last modified 10/02/2013 4:29 pm by neo314 | 4654 views | 24 replies

neo314

Really. Well don't take it personally, but we'll see if I am still using DW by then. Seriously, Adobe keeps killing projects after people start to rely on them and serving up versions with outdated code.

The mysql functions have been slated to be deprecated for some time. No fix there... maybe the next version. CS6 comes out in May with Spry and announces they're dropping it in August.

Sorry, I'm just pissed at the idea I would have to upgrade to CS7 for this.

I'm not sure what the connection is for you though. Certainly you could include jQuery just like CKEditor or the way you include any other script file and apply that validation method through the GUI.

When I say treat it as urgent, I mean you should feel shafted by Adobe as well, but to keep your customers current by keeping your products from providing outdated code...

Anyway, thanks for the info Jason.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...