close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Integration with DataAssist site?

Thread began 12/21/2012 8:45 am by Sally | Last modified 6/24/2013 10:30 am by Sally | 2927 views | 9 replies

robcorrick409194

Linking my existing WA database to the PM database.

Originally Said By: sally316910
  I've used the DataAssist wizard for registration and pcms to create a database that my visitors can register using. Am I correct in assuming that if I got PM to add on newsletters that the wizards would make use of the database I already have and build on it so my users don't need to register again? They could just select which lists they want to subscribe to and the emails could be generated using PM?

Thank you.  

The WA response is instructive: "No, the Power Messenger solution pack uses it's own users table, to get the existing registered users in PM, you would need to export the users data as a CSV, then import it to the PM users table. the structure of the tables will probably be different, you some editing of the CSV would be be needed before import."

I commend WA for designing this product. It is good. The real power of this product for me, however, is the tantalizing ability to link to my existing WA database. This way, I could design all sorts of tailored and responsive mailings. Your response above, however, is discouraging. It appears that I must export from my existing WA database with a CSV file every time that I want to create a customized mailing program from my existing WA database (which changes all the time).

My question is this: Is there a way to link my two databases, perhaps with some php coding, so that I am not required to do a CSV export every time that I want to do a targeted mailing? I see some of this coding on the net, but it could tinker too much with your PM product. Thank you.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...