close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Check out issues

Thread began 2/12/2013 10:13 am by Patrice | Last modified 2/13/2013 12:32 pm by Patrice | 1756 views | 10 replies

PatriceWebAssist

OK... This is the same store as other tickets, so you have user/pass, ftp in my history.

First alert came from a customer: His message:

"Comments: I have made several attempts to order. After I log in and add my selections to my cart, I always get an error message of an invalid certificate and problem with the site. Can you provide some assitance/direction in placing my order."

Second alert came from my client, via the phone answering service (they take orders by phone on weekends, during night, but enter into the cart; this has been some custom work to make this possible; see history from about 2 years ago):

"Apparently, there were a lot of customers that had this problem over the weekend. Does this error message mean anything to you? The answering service took about 10 orders by hand because the customers all said they were having the same problem over the weekend."

I ran tests, couldn't see the issue.

I asked one of the staff personnel to run tests, using as a "guest", as a logged in customer, etc. His report:
"I did about 12 tests:

First 3 I put the item in my cart first then logged in then paid--all went through ok:
1. As a guest
2. My account
3. With a new account

Then I logged in first then added the test product to the cart then hit checkout and I got the message about the certificate all three times. I couldn't get through to the checkout page.
Then I deleted all the cookies and tried again logging in first, then filling the cart and I never got the message. Repeated it again all 3 ways and still didn't get the message.
Deleting the cookies helped, but did this ever happen before where 10 customers have had it happen?"

Follow up message from staff:
"When I got the message it was when I clicked "checkout". I couldn't even get to the page to make any type of payment. Now that I deleted cookies I can't get the error message no matter what I do."

Follow up message from the phone answering service:
"Second, we are getting the “Website Security Certificate” warning. This is a Microsoft warning because it’s not recognizing your site’s security certificate. Have you checked with your Website programmer to make sure your certificate is current? Because this warning isn’t anything coming from our end."

I tried all methods and didn't get the problem.

More background: This domain doesn't have its own secure certificate. We had tried that and it caused more problems, and at Ray's suggestion, we deleted it. There was a setting Ray referenced at the time. This was early December of last year, if I recall.

The server does have a certificate. All of my domains are on my server, and a few use the certificate, or did in past carts. The certificate is registered to secure.biz-comm.com.

I don't know what else to share. It is not a consistent issue, but it is happening. The staff tester is on a Mac. I'm on a Mac. I imagine that the phone answering folks are on PCs.

There isn't a certificate assigned to the domain. In history, you'll see that there are two domains involved in this: the original and an alias. If you enter a https:// you will see that it gives invalid, but if you open to full message you will see a correct secure.biz reference.

Any ideas most appreciated. If we can find out what is pulling in the https, that should clear this up.

Thanks.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...