close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Where do I find out MySQL server for connecting Dreamweaver to database?

Thread began 1/14/2013 1:26 pm by Mark_Rinella291330 | Last modified 1/21/2013 12:54 pm by Mark_Rinella291330 | 1859 views | 5 replies

Mark_Rinella291330

Dude, you are a Genius

Thanks Jason!

Not sure what you did or said, but it works!

Sometimes us neebies need to have things explained more than once and in more than one way.

I was able to connect a database via CS6 and I think I may actually have a working CMS. After starting and stopping many times since PowerCMS came out a few years ago. I would get frustrated and would give up and expected that either technology would make it easier or I would get a little smarter. I am happy that technology has made it easier.

Are you able to please answer two more questions on this same topic of databases?

Can/should I have more than one database for the same domain?
One for PowerGallery and One for Design Extender?

Is it possible to remove the CMS function from a page or pages and not mess up the content or the CMS?

I am trying to get my knowledge and skill set up to maximize more of your products and functions, but you all are moving pretty quick.

A few suggestions for additional videos:

Create a video that Website Designers can use to Explain and help us Sell the CMS ability and how to to do for our clients.

Google Apps has some great, simple, short, videos that help clients understand the power a little better.

A two minute video to show the end user how easy it is, would allow Website Designers to show a client the video and it would help us use PowrCMS more.

Concrete5 and a few other CMS people have videos that can be appealing to the end user.

On a related note:

It would help if there was a little more information, maybe 30 seconds inserted in the video, that explained how to set up a database connection.

At the 11:31 point in the one video on setting up a CMS using Design Extender, the narrator does a great job, except she zips through setting up a database connection, and that is where a little more information on how to set up a database connection would really help!

Thanks for your help again!

I am going to try to set up a second CMS this week.

Have a great week!

Mark

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...