close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Shipping Flat rate and UPS

Thread began 11/26/2012 6:54 pm by nokkapok441461 | Last modified 12/03/2012 5:57 pm by nokkapok441461 | 2496 views | 9 replies

nokkapok441461

Shipping Flat rate and UPS

Hi,
I'm having trouble getting the shipping to work.
I would like to set the shipping option in the checkout page as select list for Flat Rate and UPS.
-I also would like to set it to free shipping for total amout that is less than 10$
-Flat rate would be depend on 1. Canada, US and 2. international.
I don't know how to set up to get the shipping to work for Canada Post so I just use UPS as the other option.

I added the select list in the check out page (right after shipping country in the same table.
<select name="ShippingOption" id="ShippingOption">
<option value="" selected="selected">Choose an option</option>
<option value="Flat Rate">Flat Rate</option>
<option value="UPS">UPS Standard</option>
</select>

I added hidden field in confirm page:
<input name="ShippingOption" type="hidden" id="ShippingOption" value="<?php echo((isset($_POST["ShippingOption"]))?$_POST["ShippingOption"]:"") ?>" />

and added 'set session value:
<?php
if (!session_id()) session_start();
if((((isset($_POST["ShippingOption"]))?$_POST["ShippingOption"]:"") != "")) {
$_SESSION["ShippingOption"] = "".((isset($_POST["ShippingOption"]))?$_POST["ShippingOption"]:"") ."";
}
?>

I also set triggers in shipping the Shopping cart object (I didn't add other stuff in the trigger such as free for purchase that is less than 7$ and international, Canada and US) just because I want to try if the shipping opions work.

Here's what I have.
Trigger for Flat Rate
If the value of the session varable 'ShippingObtion' is = a value of 'Flat Rate'
Calculation Flate rate = 10$

Trigger for UPS
If the value of the session varable 'ShippingObtion' is = a value of 'UPS'
Caculation Based on UPS shipping qoute value

But the shipping cost doesn't show up in the confirm page.
I'm not sure if I missed any step.

I'm not sure if the 'eCart UPS Shipping' supposed to be in server behavier for both check out and confirm page? I might've added it when I was trying things out and don't know if these might caused the problem.

Please help. Thank you

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...