close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Site has been hacked twice now

Thread began 10/29/2012 1:23 pm by kathy.bankston359922 | Last modified 11/03/2012 8:39 am by kathy.bankston359922 | 2963 views | 7 replies

kathy.bankston359922

Site has been hacked twice now

Hello,
I have a site that was designed using Css Sculpter 3. It was hacked once on October 4th. Today it was hacked again. The first time I didn't think much of it. Someone had inserted code on the index page. Today's hack was a bit more worrisome. What ever their method of getting in, the ending up replacing the blank.gif in the Csssculpter images folder. here: 2ColumnFixedLeftSidebarHeaderandFooter_Pacifica_images

The site is hosted on Godaddy. I called them and of course it's not their problem. It must be something on my site they site. A problem with my code. They told me to change the password and then to buy their monthly website security plan. Wondering if they are doing it to sell me the addon!

I have done tons of sites and have never had a site hacked before so I'm grasping here to find what the cause might be. Are their any particular security settings that I need to make sure are on maybe in the read/ write permissions folder?

Does any one have any suggestions?

I can supply the domain name if need be. Not sure if it was safe to post it here.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...