close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Email code not working.

Thread began 10/25/2012 12:10 am by enquiry272230 | Last modified 10/26/2012 8:12 am by enquiry272230 | 1001 views | 3 replies

enquiry272230

Email code not working.

I am using DM CS6 on Mac and Data Bridge 1.0.9

I am updating an existing website created with previous Webassist extensions.

I have used Universal email in the past on previous versions

Am having a major problem with a simple email setup to email an order to the client.

I have set up a template in the cart folder to use for the Create Email extension.

On checkout, I have a new page (checkout - pay by bank deposit) selected from the "Confirm" page to enable the customer to simply send the order through by email. (Payment will be by bank transfer separately.)

The "Confirm" page has already written the order to the database, so the following page (checkout - pay by bank deposit) sources the order information from the database.
(unusual I know, but client likes this step as the customer information is stored prior to payment)

I have set up Create Email (Universal Email) on this page checkout - "pay by bank deposit" - page link is "checkoutBtf.php".
The page works fine on load, all data is there, but as above, sourced from the database rather than the previous pages "eCart" sessions.

When adding "Create Email (Universal Email)" behaviour to this page, as a template I used the page "BtfPrint_UE_Template.php" that I created for this purpose.

This page tests OK when tested separately on the server.

The email behaviour writes a new folder "webassist" to the site with the webassist email PHP pages and a copy of the email template (cart_2.php) which must be the one used derive the email content.

After upload to the server, the attempt to send the order by email results in a blank page and the following error in the log file in "webassist/email/templates".

[25-Oct-2012 15:28:40] PHP Warning: require_once(../Connections/CatalogConn.php) [<a href='plugins/function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/eggdec/public_html/webassist/email/templates/cart_2.php on line 1
[25-Oct-2012 15:28:40] PHP Fatal error: require_once() [<a href='plugins/function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required '../Connections/CatalogConn.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/eggdec/public_html/webassist/email/templates/cart_2.php on line 1

The cart_2.php page incorrectly references the database connection file, the create email behaviour did not extend the link, so had to add ../../ to the existing <?php require_once('../Connections/CatalogConn.php'); ?>

After adding this correction, I tested the webassist/email/templates/cart_2.php page by linking directly from the browser, and the page works fine, displays the order and the customer details.

However, when trying again to send the order, a blank page results and the above error has disappeared, but a new error appears in the log:

[25-Oct-2012 15:50:28] PHP Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/eggdec/public_html/webassist/email/templates/cart_2.php on line 41
[25-Oct-2012 15:50:29] PHP Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/eggdec/public_html/webassist/email/templates/cart_2.php on line 43

To Sum up, the Webassist Email code does not appear to read the recordset correctly for some reason.

Perhaps there is another link error I am missing.

I have attached the relevant pages.
So far a 30 minute job as become a six hour trial and I am at a loss.

I hope I have explained my problem clearly enough.

Incidentally, I see one of the webassist email scripts references the file database_management/wa_appbuider_php.php

This folder and file is not present in the webassist folder.

Attached Files
part website.zip

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...