close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

have used coupon post to db and orders table

Thread began 10/22/2012 12:37 pm by watercolor346374 | Last modified 10/25/2012 11:45 am by watercolor346374 | 2444 views | 9 replies

watercolor346374

Db driven coupon, now is all messed up

Hello,
I thought the coupon was working and now it is all messed up. It gives a discount no matter what is put into the txtPromoCode box. My database is daily_candy. The columns are:
couponId--key
couponCat --planning to delete this column
couponCode-- number that customer puts in
couponAmt --how much it is worth in dollars
couponUsed --a tiny int 1 is not used 0 is used
I have attached my files.
It was working last week and now it is not, as I said no matter what number I put in the box I get a discount.
Thank you for your help.

Doing groupon type coupon with daily candy. They will assign the code numbers, to purchasers and I will post the info into DB daily_candy. Database is set up as well as coupon. I tested it and it works as it should. I need to add the following. In the coupon DB, I have a column called couponUsed. It is a tiny integer and now set to 1, this indicates it is not used. When the customer uses the coupon, I want 0 in the couponUsed field and the code posted to the customer's order in the orders DB, the column is called couponCode. This can be done at final checkout to paypal.
If the customer comes back and attempts to reuse the code, is there a way to check the DB and if there is a 0 by the code have a message pop up saying, That coupon has been redeemed"?
Thank you for your help.
Karen

Attached Files
ecart_files.zip

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...