close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

file manager

Thread began 10/22/2012 8:10 am by jo271221 | Last modified 11/12/2012 12:09 pm by jo271221 | 3954 views | 10 replies

jo271221

file manager

I recently deleted all my extensions and just installed the main new extensions Design Extender, Databridge and ecart. I have a site built with dataassist and my insert and update pages have the file manager on them. I have a resolved ticket in the support history where the icons were not visible, and another where the file manager would not browse. The browse issue was resolved by making sure file management was enabled AND replacing the browse js file. I have another ticket where the folders were not visible at all and that was resolved with a div tag issue. Now I am on a very similar page on another site, (almost identical page) I am again having issues with the file manager folders not appearing.
1) Before I reinstalled the extensions the file manager was under webassist > forms along with the html editor. Now what I am suppose to use to upload a single file? and how do I ensure it follows the protocal of adding the image to userfiles/226 where 226 is the member id. For my forms that quit working do I replace the existing file folder with file manipulation or ??. The process was very simple and straight forward and now I have searched the forms and spent 4 hours trying to figure this out and found a post where another user had issues with an update form, however the resolution seemed much more complicated. Please advise of the proper procedure to add the ability to upload an image to an existing dataassist insert and update page and clarify if the file browse is replacing the file manager or if both are still used... As you can see I am confused. Thanks,

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...