close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

CS6 Installation error

Thread began 10/07/2012 10:48 pm by StephenMartin | Last modified 10/18/2012 10:23 am by StephenMartin | 3499 views | 4 replies

doug425125

Any progress?

Did you resolve this? I have been having the same issues. It happened to me a few weeks ago as well, and I ended up reinstalling the entire CS6 suite (OSX 10.6.8). The web assist extensions installed, but then CS6 updater wouldn't let me update the Adobe extension manager, and would fail. I finally removed CS6 again, and then ran the Adobe Creative Suite cleaner tool, and was able to re-install and successfully update CS6. I then installed two of the web assist extensions ..eCart 5 and Design Extender.. but upon trying to install Data Bridge (1.09) I received an "internal error ...the extension will not be installed" etc. message.
After that, extension manager would not let me remove the other two previous extensions that I had just installed. (both the latest versions)
I chose initially to install for all users, as this was an option, but the extension manager seemed to have some issue with admin privileges when I got to DataBridge. I repaired those permissions in the Apple disk utility, but still no luck.
Trying to get decent support with adobe can be a time consuming affair, and the "chat agents" have been, shall we say, challenged, so far in my experiences with them. I really don't want to go through another lost day of work trying to get help from them, so if you have any ideas Jason.. please.. your knowledgeable help would be sincerely appreciated!! It seems from the adobe forums that many of these similar issues were related to the web assist extensions being installed by the extension manager, and while I'm certainly not blaming the WA extensions, it would be nice to know if there are any issues between the updates from Adobe and WA. I did try resetting the Activations on my WA download page.. but unfortunately, did not help. Thanks..

Doug

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...