close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Royally Confused Myself

Thread began 8/25/2012 2:50 pm by elevy388997 | Last modified 9/06/2012 9:27 am by elevy388997 | 2364 views | 14 replies

elevy388997Beta Tester

Royally Confused Myself

I made myself a word document with a workflow of sorts to make sure I don't forget anything while creating an ecommerce site I am working on. I am getting close to the end and things aren't working the way they should. I will list what I think has problems and such:

Things that work:

Registration - database has all data in it - (registration.php)

Email to user to verify email (except email labels say "RegistrationFormUserName" instead of "UserName"

Things that don't work:

I don't know how to setup the admin username and password to get into the back end of the site to add products, edit users, view orders, etc. I have all the admin pages created in a folder with page access limited to the Ultimate user.

I can't see my downloads folder in the page manager to password it so you can't just type in the url to download for free.

The verify email address email goes to a page that says:
"You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'l= '-1' AND users.UserRandomString <> '0'' at line 1" (also, I am developing on a subdomain right now and originally the link went to the normal address and not the subdomain)

The login, on submit, goes to the CMS admin login. - I created a user in the database called Test with password of Test123. (login.php ) Or it will try to use the admin login and add this url "admin/admin_login.php?accesscheck=%2Fv2%2Fadmin%2Fproducts_search.php%3F" I did just try to search for something in the admin area. But then I went back to the site home and clicked login, input my information, and it still goes to that other link.

I went in and manually changed the user email verified from 0 to 1, and if I try to log in, it works. I gain access to the areas I specified as verified user only. If it doesn't work, it is because the login submits to a different form.

I also took off the page rules everywhere else so I could at least test adding a product to the data base and such. I can add a product, view it, change it, in the admin section and it all seems to be working (except for product images, i still need to iron out).

Public product search (products.php) returns an error : Fatal error: Call to a member function GetContent() on a non-object in D:\hosting\9062558\html\v2\products_results.php on line 6

And that is about all the further I can get right now as I need to have the registration, verification, admin login, user login, completed before adding products manually and viewing everything through the admin area. I still have to code a download center and an admin dashboard that has dynamic charts for users, page hits, sales, etc. I also have to figure out sub categories and dynamically display categories on the search page and the insert product page.

I believe it boils down to having tutorials for the older versions of the extensions and not having links to the proper tutorials on the workflow guide.

If you need any information, please let me know. The site is still "blank" so feel free to rummage around the files --- v2.leonardolampwork.com

I also could have forgotten to do some steps, with how confused I am right now, I don't know where to start debugging this thing. I need all the help I can get. I want to get it all working first, then i will make it appealing to the eyes.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...