close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Cannot add eCart object

Thread began 8/24/2012 4:28 am by marovios@yahoo.com | Last modified 8/27/2012 7:38 am by marovios@yahoo.com | 1575 views | 4 replies

marovios@yahoo.com

Cannot add eCart object

For some reason, since I installed Data Bridge and Design Extender, I cannot use eCart 5.0.6 anymore. If I open a page with an existing eCart and follow the checkout wizard nothing get added at the end, the eCart panel opens and stays there. If I start all over on a fresh site I don't even have the option to add the eCart because the icon appears disabled.
I have read only one issue like mine on this forum and that person had some weird symbols on the DW site structure, that's not my case though. I also installed WAMP server (I'm using EasyPHP) to try an alternative, that software made the installation on my hard disk c:/wamp and still nothing. So it doesn't seem to be a bad path symbol on the site path.

On more thing that might troubleshoot this. I removed the eCart extension. Then deleted the cache dat file and opened up DW CS6 (happens the same with my DW CS4). Then closed it again. Then I remove the cache file again. I then proceed to install the eCart 5.0.6 extension (same version I had before).
When I open DW CS6 I see the "add eCart object" icon enabled. Great, so I click on it and it asks for activation. Here comes the weird part again. I activate it and I see it says eCart version: undefined. Then the "add to eCart object" gets disabled and I see a legend on the same eCart floating panel that reads "to enable eCart, please select the PHP server model" which is obviously already selected. Anyway, I thought this might help with troubleshooting.

What can I do?. Thanks.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...