close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Problems problems problems...

Thread began 8/22/2012 6:08 am by mrs | Last modified 8/22/2012 12:00 pm by mrs | 551 views | 2 replies

mrs

Problems problems problems...

You can tell I've just started to use the new extensions in earnest... you're getting a lot of questions from me! ;o)

I am finding a few problems with pages that I am creating with Data Bridge's Data Assist!

I can create the pages fine, and upon basic inspection they seem to be working fine. I apply my template to the pages and that all seems fine until I realise that the access manager rule applied to the template has been deleted. All the pages I now have with this template are not protected! So, what's going wrong here? Why is the PHP that I have added to the template been deleted when I apply the template to a page?

I've created an update page which has a file field in it. The insert page works fine, but the update page is having issues in a few ways. Firstly, I have stupidly applied spry validation to the file field so that it is required to be completed on insert. The obvious to me now problem is that if I wish to update the record simply by changing associated text, the file field has got spry validation applied to it and won't submit the page... I might not want to update this field, so how do I get rid of validation on the update page? I've tried, but the page won't submit. Perhaps a future version of DA will enable us to select if we want required fields to be different between insert and update pages.

Another issue with the file field on the update page is that the DA wizard has created the upload process to overwrite the existing same name file, whereas I want it to increment the file name. I open the Upload Files server behaviour to edit it, click on finish, but the finish button of the wizard doesn't work. It won't go away and apply the changes I have made. Is this a bug, or am I neglecting to complete something in the wizard? I'm sure I'm not.

One more issue with that I have come across is with respect to making a menu in DA that is fed by a table in the database. I have my DB table tbl_menu, and I have asked DA to pull data from that, but when I check the update page I am finding it's not selecting the correct menu option... all options are there, just not selected based on what is stored in the DB record. Upon inspecting the code I found that the wizard has created two recordsets (one for the record I am editing, and one for the menu I'm pulling values/options from). The wizard has asked for content from the wrong recordset. Again, I've edited this, but why is it set wrong? Is it something I've done?

Thanks.

Mat

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...