close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Inserting Products: Blank Page Issues

Thread began 8/23/2009 10:04 pm by bludonda0356993 | Last modified 8/29/2009 9:37 am by bludonda0356993 | 2629 views | 5 replies

bludonda0356993

Inserting Products: Blank Page Issues

>>> SPECIAL EXPLANATORY NOTE FOR NEW VIEWERS OF THIS THREAD FROM THE ORIGINAL POSTER <<<<
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I have some harsh statements in the following threads for the Tech Support person who helped me which were entirely undeserved and I wish to apologize for making them. The problem I was dealing with was both simple and stupid and my fault (see entry dated for 08/29/09 @ 4:37 PM), and I would like to acknowledge Jason's time and patience in dealing with me offline to help me. I probably would not have seen my error if not for talking with him and reviewing my work a little closer.

I am not going to revise the following threads to sanitize my frustration with the situation at the time, I just want viewers to know and understand that these folks are doing an honest job of trying to get you answers to your problem.

Thanks.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I have searched the forum here and found partial descriptions of the issue I'm having but not quite what I'm going through at this point. Here's the deal:

After uploading to my host server, I&#8217;ve been trying to get things to work as described in the How-To documents, particularly &#8220;Setting up your PowerStore using the Admin back-end. Everything has gone fairly well up to this point, but when I got to the part about defining a new category, I would click the &#8220;Define&#8221; button and receive a blank page. There was nothing to see. I went back to the source page and looked for the code for the input and changed the following code:

<input type="button" onclick="document.WADAInsertForm.action='Products_Insert.php?defineBTN=true';document.WADAInsertForm.submit();" name="defineCategories" id="defineCategories" value="Define..." />

To this:

<input type="button" onclick="document.WADAInsertForm.action='productcategories_Insert.php?defineBTN=true';document.WADAInsertForm.submit();" name="defineCategories" id="defineCategories" value="Define..." />

Where the page referenced by the &#8216;onclick="document.WADAInsertForm.action&#8217; changed from the self referencing &#8216;Products_Insert.php&#8217; to the more obvious &#8216;productcategories_Insert.php&#8217;. This change allowed me to enter the categories I needed.

However, after adding all the other parameters for the product, when I click on the &#8220;Insert&#8221; button on the bottom of the page, I am again presented with another blank page. The browser back button returns me to the page and all the product info will be there but the image locations. Re-entering the image locations and clicking the cancel button brings up the &#8220;Product Results&#8221; page saying, &#8220;No results for your search&#8221;. Pressing the &#8220;Insert&#8221; button on this page has the same effect as the browser back button, bringing me back to the &#8220;Insert New Product For Sale&#8221; page.

I inserted some error tracking code as suggested in one of the other discussions here and now clicking the &#8220;Insert&#8221; button gives me quasi-helpful info stating either:

&#8220;Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/37/d#########/htdocs/bellwetherwool-store/Connections/localhost.php:13) in /homepages/37/d#########/htdocs/bellwetherwool-store/WA_ValidationToolkit/WAVT_Scripts_PHP.php on line 71&#8221; ;

if no images were selected. Or if images are selected this longer version appears:

&#8220;Warning: move_uploaded_file(/roving_autumn.jpg) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /homepages/37/d#########/htdocs/bellwetherwool-store/WA_DigitalFilePro/HelperPHP.php on line 173

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpGDzMVT' to '/roving_autumn.jpg' in /homepages/37/d#########/htdocs/bellwetherwool-store/WA_DigitalFilePro/HelperPHP.php on line 173

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/roving_autumn-1a.jpg) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /homepages/37/d#########/htdocs/bellwetherwool-store/WA_DigitalFilePro/HelperPHP.php on line 173

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpjGhUy0' to '/roving_autumn-1a.jpg' in /homepages/37/d#########/htdocs/bellwetherwool-store/WA_DigitalFilePro/HelperPHP.php on line 173

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/37/d#########/htdocs/bellwetherwool-store/Connections/localhost.php:13) in /homepages/37/d#########/htdocs/bellwetherwool-store/WA_ValidationToolkit/WAVT_Scripts_PHP.php on line 71&#8221;.

From the issues I had with the "Define" button earlier in the form, I'm inclined to think that there is something similarly wrong with the code for the "Insert" input button at the end. Looking at it I see a lot of "if" arguments relating to validating the form fields in the "onclick" attribute, but nothing that tells it to do something or go somewhere like the "document.WADAInsertForm.action='productcategories_Insert.php" code in the onclick attribute in the "Define" button input tag.

So I&#8217;m sure I have done something wrong in my globals document or something, but at this point not being an Uber PHP programmer or anything I&#8217;m a bit frustrated at the amount of fiddling I have to do with this stuff to get this site to work. I have been trying to follow the How-to&#8217;s by the numbers - including signing up with 1&1 as my ISP &#8211; but often, I find that at critical junctures like this they completely leave me stranded! Not at all the quick and easy solution it was sold to me as.

Please, any help as to where I can go to fix this so I can get this site up and running as soon as possible. I would like to avoid any other similar issues as I go through trying to get this site to work, so if you can let me know where I'm going wrong on this process and where I should be looking for other possible issues, I'd really appreciate it.

It&#8217;s late and I&#8217;m very tired and my client and I are getting anxious to have this work without too much more hassle.

Thanks.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...