close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Could you explain this function in detail.....

Thread began 8/07/2012 7:24 am by Christopher West | Last modified 8/21/2012 8:54 am by Christopher West | 3990 views | 22 replies

Christopher WestCommunity Expert

HI Jason. I am stupid as after thinking about the logic. for me to manually go to the failure.php page after paypal wouldnt work as a test since there would have been no error...I have added the 2 binding groups to my failure.php page and now I wait for a customer to run into a transaction error...maybe sometime though as I have noticed recently other transactions go through fine (and thats from UK, Australia and USA).

It really is baffling me this problem as I so want to know the reason. It just doesnt make sense that some transactions go through and others dont...Im wondering if its to do with the customer browser set up (perhaps they not using a desktop, who knows why).

The only other problem is that when I do get the order failure email sometimes the customer details are blank (and I know it has to do with the session variables not being passed as I use the session variables in the email) - but sometimes these sessions variables are being passed so in other words it seems there are two directions the failure page gets to...now since I set the session variables on the checkout page (since this is where the customer types in their address details) the session would be set once the form is submitted..but once its submitted it woulf leave the page and go to the paypal page...so if the session variables are not being passed to my failure email then that would suggest the session dosnt even get passed posting from the checkout page. I even did a test whereupon I left all of the checkout page form fields blank and that still allowed me to get to the paypal page, so I know it has nothing to do with correct form fields being filled out.

I am wondering if the failure page doesnt get passed the form posting on the checkout page, can I still somehow set the session variables from the fields the customer fills out...or does it need to form post before since the sessions variables relate to the form contents?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...