close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Tutrial Managing Relational tables not working

Thread began 8/02/2012 9:53 am by mike410462 | Last modified 8/02/2012 10:19 am by mike410462 | 2516 views | 2 replies

mike410462

Update

never mind - I have found the issue :

Under that 'add variables to pages' section - step 3 for the update page -
This is kinda misleading - I interpreted as insert a new update for table items -NOT as what you wanted - which was open the already existing update record for table items -
Mainly because the server behavior window does not fully match - mine looks like this:
Update Record (Update_Basic_Default, db_waMusic, items)
-- step 3 says - Open the Update Record (items) Server Behavior
Because of my server behavior window sizing, the items bit was not visible - indicating to me that it did not exist and that I needed to add it. -- Just a note though that when I finally did figure it out - there was no go to after insertion field listed for this update - and deleting that seems to be the whole point of the step. It is possible in my debugging and attempts though that I overwrote this - so I will wipe the site and start again, but I bet you it will work better. This does explain some of my noted issues though - like why am I using dreamweavers record update and not yours(WA) - because I am not supposed to be adding another insert at all - just opening the one already there.
I still wonder about the new updates that I was not notified about - but I guess it is my responsibility to check back in from time to time to look for new updates.
I also still and will always gripe about that captcha element - it makes getting this posted very difficult.
And hopefully I may have given you some more info about that double header send issue if you have not resolved it - but this could have been generated by forcing another update record insert on top of your update code - Which is what I did.
Sorry to anyone that wasted the time reading that whole bit -
I hope you read this one FIRST.
Mike

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...