close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

I own all extensions individually and will not buy another - read why!

Thread began 5/31/2012 10:02 pm by haveben10953 | Last modified 3/12/2016 3:33 pm by haveben10953 | 9042 views | 9 replies

haveben10953

I own all extensions individually and will not buy another - read why!

I have been a customer of Webassist since they built the first extension for Drumbeat. (Look it up if the name doesn't mean anything). I have bought every extension and upgrade they have offered since, with the exception of one or two products. I was mainly a Classic ASP developer and even changed my main focus to PHP when WebAssist no longer produced their extensions to support Classic ASP. Needless to say, I have been a loyal customer since day one.

This new move by WebAssist to combine their individual extensions into a group was a great idea. I was excited that I could now expect to only have to install a single extension for my previously purchases.

Where they have lost me as a customer is when they combined the extensions, made a minor update, then want to charge me $200 to upgrade. I own every extension they offer and the only real update I see is that the data assist forms are now displayed in a lightbox rather than a separate web page.

After their message saying I would have to upgrade to their "collection" of extensions to get the updates and they will not be offering updates to owners of their individual extensions, I thought long and hard about forking out the extra money... $200 for one and $199 for another. I considered the previous updates I have purchased and considered the new extensions they have offered the last year (though nearly worthless and easily created without purchasing - spry tooltips and social media buttons I had bought them to support the company).

When I get to work, I have a few web sites I check for new extensions. I check dmxzone.com, extendstudio.com and webassist.com. After today, I will remove the later from my daily check of sites. Hui, I wish you the best, but screwing those of us who have been with you since day one is not a great business move. Maybe you will find someone to replace me for buying your new extensions. I am very disappointed that I have invested the money I have and will be very hesitant to every purchase another extension.

I hope you continue to keep your e-cart extension updates and upgrades offered outside of some silly "collection." If not, I will continue to use the last version until I decide it is best to switch to Telerik.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...