close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Path to PEAR

Thread began 5/28/2012 2:03 am by john70964 | Last modified 5/31/2012 11:40 am by john70964 | 16234 views | 26 replies

john70964

I asked for some help on this from 1and1 and I did get a quick response.
Unfortunately the answer I have received is way over my head and I have no idea how or if I can do some of the things suggested, I am on a shared server at 1and1.
Here is the answer I received it may help to throw some light why I cannot get the UE working.

In your SMTP server, could you please try to use this outgoing server mrelay.perfora.net or mrvnet.kundenserver.de if it works.

How to check your Pear Path please refer on the steps below:

To use PEAR and PEAR compatible packages in your applications, you normally include them into your PHP scripts using require_once(). For this to work, PEAR's php_dir must be a part of PHP's include path.

First, check where PEAR installs .php files:

$ pear config-get php_dir
/usr/share/lib/php/

This directory will contain System.php.

Now it's time to find which configuration file is used by your PHP installation. On command line, execute:

$ php --ini
Configuration File (php.ini) Path: /etc/php/cli-php5
Loaded Configuration File: /etc/php/cli-php5/php.ini
Scan for additional .ini files in: /etc/php/cli-php5/ext-active
Additional .ini files parsed: /etc/php/cli-php5/ext-active/php_gtk2.ini,
/etc/php/cli-php5/ext-active/xdebug.ini

To see which php.ini is used by PHP on your web server, create a file with only <?php phpinfo(); ?> as the contents, and save it in your local web root as check_php.php. Open the file in your browser as check_php.php, to find the path to the php.ini file your web server is using.

Now check PHP's include_path setting on command line:

$ php -c /path/to/php.ini -r 'echo get_include_path()."\n";'

To check PHP's include_path in your web server, create a file with only <?php phpinfo(); ?> as the contents, and save it in your local web root as check_php.php. Open the file in your browser as check_php.php, to verify the include_path your web server is using.

In every case, PEAR's php_dir should be in the include path. If not, add it in your system's php.ini.

Now that this is done, try including a file. Create a new check_pear.php file with the following contents:
<?php
require_once 'System.php';
var_dump(class_exists('System', false));
?>

System.php is shipped with every PEAR installation and thus should be on your computer, too. Open the file with the browser from your web server, and also try it on command line. The only output should be

bool(true)

A message like:

Warning: require_once(System.php): failed to open stream:
No such file or directory in /path/to/check_pear.php on line 2

means that your include path is not correct. (So go and fix it!)

A completely white page in your browser hints two things:

Your server is configured to not display any errors to the user/browser (display_errors Off)

There was an error including System.php, and you should check you server's error log.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...