close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Testing server fun....

Thread began 8/18/2009 10:02 pm by lrawlins367093 | Last modified 8/19/2009 3:03 pm by lrawlins367093 | 1384 views | 2 replies

lrawlins367093

Testing server fun....

I've been tinkering for a couple of weeks now to get a testing server set up with little success. Until I get that working there it makes no sense for me to continue on with other aspects of the website.

I am running DreamWeaver CS4 on Mac OS 10.5.8 with MAMP Pro taking care of the MySQL & PHP side of things. I have recently reinstalled my OS as well as the Adobe Creative Suite to get rid of the possibility of conflicting software that has been tried to get this thing off the ground.

The only progress I have made is to go form getting a message that the file was not found on the server to a message stating I did not have permission to view the file and not getting a nice blank white screen. I get (or got) the same messages either in live view or previewing in a browser.

The claim that PowerStore was e-commerce made easy certainly does not apply in my case.

Following the detailed instructions is enough to make one dizzy. Have you guys ever heard of step-by-step instructions? Going from step one, to another document, to another document, and then back to the original and then to step two doesn't make much sense.

I am beginning to think there must be obscure bit of data that I'm looking straight at and am too frustrated to recognize to make things work.

I get php to run OK on test pages I have created, but getting it to work on PowerStore is becoming very a frustrating experience. You can only try every possible combination so many times before you give up.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...