close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Thread began 5/21/2012 7:11 am by bill3786 | Last modified 5/21/2012 2:18 pm by bill3786 | 1651 views | 5 replies

bill3786

The client's has requested the following system for the site.

Product prices are to be shown in sterling or euros. The product and detail pages have if/else statements controlling what prices are displayed depending on the users country at login.

The sterling prices (if) are shown if the users country is UK and euro prices (else) are shown if the users country is not UK. All UK customers pay through the site using Worldpay and all non-UK customers are not shown an add to cart button and are instructed to order by phone and pay by phone.

This system all works well in testing but has thrown up one problem as follows.

If a UK user logs in by opening the login page and has the "remember me" and "log me in automatically" ticked and then clicks login, the prices for all subsequent products are shown correctly in sterling.

However if a UK user logs in by opening the login page and has the "remember me" and "log me in automatically" ticked but doesnt actually click the login button and then uses the menu bar to see products with the login page still displayed, the prices for all subsequent products are displayed in euros.

Is there anything which can be done to eliminate this problem?

As a secondary question, what is the correct operation of the "log me in automatically" tickbox? If it has been previously ticked by a user should the login page be displayed on a subsequent login?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...