close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Sharing successful methods of modifying the PowerStore 4.5 template

Thread began 5/19/2012 1:22 pm by mcswebtech439064 | Last modified 5/24/2012 4:18 pm by mcswebtech439064 | 2079 views | 1 replies

mcswebtech439064

Sharing successful methods of modifying the PowerStore 4.5 template

Looking for live PowerStore 4.5 Websites to share successful methods of modifying the PowerStore 4.5 template! If you are using this PowerStore 4.5 software in your live or near live website, please contact me! Mark at: mcswebtech@me.com

I just purchased the PowerStore 4.5.x software a week ago and added this software to my own content management system driven website as a replacement for the internally developed shopping cart. I have put over 600 products in the PowerStore database (no import available, took two days, arrrgh!) and am looking for ways to further customize the design and functionality of the PowerStore. My online store using the WebAssit Power Store is: www.StitchDragon.com

My main area of interest is: Adding an unlimited amount of custom data collection using forms to the individual product check out process so that the order sent to the eStore owner can capture all the custom information that the customer might wish to easily communicate to the store owner during the online ordering process.

These various choices in customizing the food product item need to be able to add, edit and delete the cost of the subtotal for the individual product. e.g: when adding extra salad dressing, the cost to the customer is increased 69 cents per additional salad dressing container, etc., etc.

I am now looking for other websites that specifically have used the PowerStore 4.5.x software to add eCommerce to their websites too. I want to discuss my partial success with other WebAssist customers who take customizing their online store as a serious project and are accomplishing just that or who have great ideas about how to get this done. I am particularly interested in seeing Restaurant business Websites that have added this PowerStore for online take out orders of customizable food items because I have many friends who want to buy, install and use this PowerStore software ASAP in their own businesses if they see that other online Restaurant Take Out Ordering Systems are a good application for the PowerStore Template. Their main concern is that in ordering food, there are so many dependencies in the customization of the particular preparation and delivery of the food that the PowerStore does not have data capture to handle. e.g.: Pizza: Sizes, Toppings, Crust Choices and e.g.: Steak Dinners: Cooked (Well Done, Medium Well Done, Medium, Medium Rare, Rare, etc.), Steak Seasonings, Side Vegetables choices, Salad types (extra tomato, hold the onion, etc., dressings, condiments (Au jus, A-1,) Potato Fries, Sweet Potato Fries, Etc., etc. Most of these choice would have to change the sub-total amount for that particular person's dinner order updating the total order in the shopping cart.

My question is, "Do I have to modify the PHP myself for all these types of choices in customizing a food product ordering process or can the WebAssist team offer some sort of library variations in PHP that can help me get these custom ordering results without some major expenses in custom PHP programming?

If you want to contact me off line, please do. Mark directly at: mcswebtech@me.com . I will repost the results of any email conversations that can benefit the group regarding the subject of this thread which is: Sharing successful methods of modifying the PowerStore template to suit individual business needs.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...