close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Very unhappy

Thread began 5/02/2012 9:34 pm by mike410462 | Last modified 5/05/2012 1:40 am by mike410462 | 3793 views | 14 replies

mike410462

Super Suite

Thank you for your replies and thoughts. Thank you for opening up an incident.
I really like the WA software - and really studied the packages to figure out if I indeed needed to purchase everything and the advantages of it. I am not griping on $50, but am concerned about wasting $700 (actually - it has already paid for itself, but I still think that it is a good chunk of change - more like an investment for me - like buying a car - but when the car arrives, it is sitting on 4 flats and the dealer is charging me more for each tire - you sorta assume the car you just bought would at least have the working basic required parts) - but I just bought the package and the problem is that I now seem required to pay more for a working version, not really an update - more like a patch. Sure - future upgrades can have a charge - I understand, but again, this feels more like a patch than an upgrade. And I agree they are greatly helpful little bits of code- worth the investment - but my issue is more of a whole thing then little ones. Where I really felt something went wrong is basically using the product from the start of a project to the end - When done with a whole project scope, I became dismayed at how it did not seem to work together, things just seemed to fall apart. 1 system seemed to overwrite anothers.
This is honestly my first experience with the help system here at Webassist - and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is a good one. I am just a little overwhelmed at the amount of issues I have run into. If WA is willing to help - that is fantastic - but I am honestly getting that MS vibe - and hey I just switched over to macs because I was tired of dealing with MS (but Apple is honestly right up there also - they just do it for more costs and with a bigger smile than MS). But thank you guys for the supportive comments - I am relieved to hear that WA has been dedicated to helping you guys and it does give me more hope.
Again - thank you WA for opening a ticket - one issue with that though - I have read these forums many times- and for many of the problems the answer has been - ticket opened - and thats it - many do not contain info about the fixes. Maybe I am missing an answered later part in the forums, but I keep seeing - support ticket opened as the last statement for many issues. Great for the person needing help - frustrating if you are trying to find answers for yourself though.
superpac250441 - best answer yet - you really made me smile. Not at all helpful, but great answer - sometimes you just have to laugh. I am a wordy sob - sorry.
Thing is though - and I keep coming back to this - I don't seem to have data bridge - I seem to have the individual components - in some sort of hap hazard state. And I just recently bought SS. What I seem to have is like the first attempt at combining all these products into 1 usable package - and it really does not work together - and data bridge is the answer for this, but it is a separate and new charge. Again, I feel like I just bought a car with 4 flats - and the dealer is saying if you want to drive it off the lot,you need to purchase 4 new tires. You really kinda do expect the car to at least drive off the lot. And sure - the engine works, and the interior is buff, and the tires - when not flat are the best tires in the world, but if all those things in the end don't work together, you cannot drive the car home.
So right after this, I will begin to work with WA on my support ticket to get some of the issues resolved. There is some really helpful and cool code and functions in SS - I just feel like I just bought some beta version as opposed to the complete package. And the 'just pay us a little more for a fixed version' attitude is frankly rubbing me the wrong way.
So thanks again - and I really hope this is the start of something and not the end of something.
....sorry 1 more thing - I am having a bear of a time with your captcha above - it is very hard to read - even tried the sound bite (just type what they say?what in the world are they saying??) - it takes 3-4 attempts and many refreshes to get one I can read. Hardest capture I have ever had to deal with.
Mike

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...