close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Multiple shipping options together with different product types and free delivery opt

Thread began 4/19/2012 11:21 pm by Christopher West | Last modified 4/27/2012 10:26 am by Christopher West | 3212 views | 11 replies

Christopher WestCommunity Expert

Hi Jason, well I have been going around in circles with that last issue working..with no success: heres the run down:

(on both my main products page and voucher page I altered the code for:

$ATC_itemShippingType = "".$row_ItemDetail['ProductShippingType'] ."";// column binding

(from the previous floatval code)

when I go to the confirm page (before it loads up) i get the error : Unknown column 'Standard' in 'field list'

so now im lost.

I must be going about it all wrong.

as currently to recap my coding:

I have a dedicated gift voucher page that passes in the data from the recordset (Where ProductID = 52) (this is also odd as I had altered the code to do a better Where clause but it doesnt seem to save it so goes back to original recordset where clause).

..but for testing purposes for now it it seems to grab the data. so when I add to cart I wanted the ecart shipping rule to do a comparison to see if "ProductShippingType = voucher (this value is stored in the products record). and if its true then the shipping is set to 99p.

however IF a "standard" product is also added to the cart (standard is a different value stored in the same field in my products table under ProductShippingType) then when the customer gets to the Checkout page then they have the choice to select a radio button to select the new shipping cost which values are pulled from a recordset and stored as a session variable - so this then gets checked in the ecart shipping rules.

the main principle for the above is that the customer doesnt pay 99p + regular shipping cost if they purchase different products. they only pay 99p IF they only buy vouchers. bt then the cost of the main shipping costs are all stored in a database so client can change the values at will.

I feel I need to start from scratch. but hoping im just missing a small bit of logic somewhere.

Chris

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...