close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

In Over My Head Moving to Site from Local Host

Thread began 4/16/2012 9:37 am by Genuine COA | Last modified 4/16/2012 1:21 pm by Genuine COA | 1357 views | 3 replies

Genuine COA

In Over My Head Moving to Site from Local Host

I purchased the Powerstore 4 software on Friday. I installed it to a local Xampp host to get the store completely set up before moving it to my live site. It was pretty perfect, I FTP'd the files over and now nothing works. I don't want to create a new database, I want to use the db I created on the local host (though, I don't know how to find it) which has my product pages that I have created and the new theme I created, etc.. Everything I read says to change the user settings in the wa_settings file. It all sounds real simple, except that I have no idea where to go to get wa_settings. Can someone take me through an FTP with Powerstore for Dummies course? I have been up all night and am currently stressed to the point of tears!!!! This software was supposed to make it easy, and I don't feel it has delivered, at this point.

**I might be making some forward progrees (FINALLY!!!!)

I have finally located the MyPhpAdmin and it has all of my new db's. It also has a wa_settings file (Yea!!). Not, I need to know what to change and where to find it. Then, I need to know the easiest way to export those files from the MyPhpAdmin and import them into the root file (if that is the correct place). What format would I use to indicate in the PowerStoreConnection.php the correct database to use. I feel like I am almost there and am seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. Hope it's not a train or St. Peter

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...