close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Sorting with DataAssist

Thread began 3/26/2012 3:42 pm by eric284736 | Last modified 3/28/2012 11:09 pm by eric284736 | 864 views | 2 replies

eric284736

Sorting with DataAssist

Hi Jason,

I am trying to wrap my head around the Sort function and I have a couple of questions.
Actually, the one thing might be a bug.(?)

I have a record set that has 2 or 3 WHERE clauses and the sort behavior is in place. IF I open the sort behavior to edit it and then apply it, the recordset is broken. It renames the second variable (named colname2) as "text" and then changes the variable type to N/A.

I have set up a querystring to pull records from the database:
0linkRESULT.php?Country=France&SearchType=Sale

On the results I have some of the sort by options set and, if for example you click bedrooms, it puts them in descending order. However, it does not go by the bedrooms column as the main item to sort by. IF I click sort by bedroom again, it does not seem to change the order.

My questions are
1) does the sort by toggle the order each time you click on it or does it only sort the order by ascending or descending depending on what is set in the sort behavior panel?

2) Could you explain the filtered querystring - Can I use that as the Trigger to change the order of the results?

3) Toggle sort on subsequent visits – I am not sure I understand what that does.

4) Basically I am trying to build a series of defined links so a user does not have to enter info into a form. Then based on the results they can drill down to find the specific properties that are of interest to them, but keep the original parameters of the first link they click.

Example: They Select Properties FOR SALE in France

Sale properties are returned and links to all the regions of France are presented. They click on one of the region names (Paris) to filter down just the FOR SALE properties in Paris. From those returned results that can sort by the number of bedrooms or price, etc.

Thanks!
Eric

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...