close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Is this normal Power CMS behavior?

Thread began 3/17/2012 8:34 am by Jared Lui | Last modified 3/20/2012 12:18 pm by Jared Lui | 1282 views | 3 replies

Jared Lui

Thanks Ray and sorry if my post sounded snippy.

I got everything back to where it was was and backed up my entire directory to an outside directory and started over with the CMS process. As expected I got the same results.

I think it would be a good idea to either append ALL of the created files in those folders: images, css and js with "cms_" or put them in their own directory. It overwrites more than just style.css and admin.css although I have not compared every file yet. I know offhand it overwrote my logo.png file.

The other thing that happens that I am unsure if this is expected behavior or not is that if you click OK to put the files, it will create the WA_xxxxx directories and files but does not put them on the server. It does copy ALL of the contents of these existing folders though, Connections, css, images and js.

While I am not that concerned about it not copying over the WA_xxxx stuff as I can do that manually, what I don't like is that it arbitrarily copies over files that it should not. I know that this is tied to the first issue and should be addressed in the next release/patch as you stated.

In the meantime I will try the manual method and see what happens. Just wanted to bring this to your attention in case you were not aware.

Thanks,
Jared

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...