close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Is this normal Power CMS behavior?

Thread began 3/17/2012 8:34 am by Jared Lui | Last modified 3/20/2012 12:18 pm by Jared Lui | 1287 views | 3 replies

Jared Lui

Is this normal Power CMS behavior?

Using: DW 5.5
Only extension are: Form Toolkit 1.0; Universal Email 4.0.1; SecurityAssist 2.0.3; CSS Form Builder 1.0.2; DataAssist 2.1.0; Design Extender 1.0.2

So I created a new site and only have these files/folders in it:
css (folder w/several css files)
images (folder w/several images)
js (folder w/several js and font files)
index.php (file)

I have two other folders with misc. images and a template folder with a .dwt I was messing with. My images folder has about 100 images that were not relevant to the index.php page im working on (only a handful are) and my css file was very heavily customized and had about a weeks worth of into it.

Using this tutorial, adding_content.html, after having watched several video tutorials:

I tried to "add content to Power CMS" by selected a small bit of content on my index.php page. I added my connection and then was asked at one point if I wanted to push the files to my testing server. I clicked OK and it started copying files.

Now here's my question and issue: Is this next part expected behavior?
Keep in mind I understand that it will create files for the CMS and the helper files that go along with it, plus whatever files are needed for the editable region/cms function. This is what happened:
It created:
admin_cms (folder)
Connections (folder)
CSSMenuWriter (folder)
install_cms (folder)
WA_CMS (folder)
WA_DataAssist (folder)
WA_Globals (folder)
WA_SecurityAssist (folder)
WA_ValidationToolkit (folder)
WADbSearch (folder)
webassist (folder)

IT ALSO AND MOST IMPORTANTLY:
Overwrote my main .css file (almost a weeks worth of customizing) with this:
#outerWrapper #contentWrapper #leftColumn1 {
display:none;
}
#outerWrapper #contentWrapper #content {
margin:30px 100px 0 100px;
}

It didn't seem to touch any other css files however I'm not sure it didn't touch or replace any js.

ALSO, it copied ALL of my existing files and folders to the testing server (overwriting my .css file with the new blank one) including all of the 100 irrelevant images, HOWEVER, it DID NOT copy any of the new files or folders it created (except for maybe some files it may have created in the images, css and js folders I already had like it did with the .css file).

I'm pretty sure this is not supposed to work this way. It did not happen in the video tutorials I watched. I have to now recreate most of my work from the last week (per usual whenever I try a new extension as they are usually full of surprises but I keep doing it - my fault)

Anyway, I guess my real question is what files and folders should I expect to see when this works correctly? I want a full list, please. And yes, I'll upgrade to 1.0.3

Thanks

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...