close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Images in Product Options

Thread began 1/18/2012 6:56 pm by canmor51406258 | Last modified 1/19/2012 3:41 pm by canmor51406258 | 1097 views | 3 replies

canmor51406258

Images in Product Options

I was not sure whether to raise this question under Data Assist or eCart. But here goes anyway.

I am building a shopping cart using eCart & Data Assist among a few others WA add ons in Dreamweaver CS5. When it comes to the product options I have had a hard time getting my head around how it works but I think I am getting there. I would just like some advice on two issues. I am putting in options for colour and size as one would expect in a clothing shop. My customer wants me to display front and back images of each product and also show the correct colour on these images when chosen.

Question 1 - How do I include image1 & image2 in product options and is this the best place?

Question 2 - How do I keep a track of stock in the various sizes and colours as technically I will have only 6 products with one stock field (T-Shirts, Jackets etc) but a multitude of options.

Storing all the info in the product table would work but hold heaps of repeat data and be a nightmare to fill initially. There must be a more elegant solution and any help will be most appreciated.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...