close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Ultra-Newb Needs Help

Thread began 3/02/2009 10:49 am by nkbrules123372836 | Last modified 5/28/2019 9:57 am by nkbrules123372836 | 9756 views | 15 replies

nkbrules123372836

Thanks for your patience and quick reply.

In reading the help doc #5 entitled "Incorporating the User Registration Solution Pack into your existing site", it says that the (I quote WA here):

"Dreamweaver templates (.dwt) can easily be applied to the pages in User Registration Solution Pack. If you are using a Dreamweaver template, follow these steps for applying the template to these new pages.

1. Open a page from the User Registrstion Solution Pack in Dreamweaver.

2. From the Assets...etc."
(copyright - Webassist)

Unfortunately, I am not using Dreamweaver. I am using Pablo Software Solutions WYSIWYG Web Builder 5. Hopefully you will be familiar with that software. I find it a new(b) designer's dream, but it may be run-of-the-mill, or possibly worthlesss to you seasoned builders. The promo for WA URSP said it can be used with ANY WYSIWYG builder.

Any idea how I incorporate it into that builder? I can find no way to bring the URSP .php files into this builder. Do I copy and paste code? Is that mixing .php with .html? Will the universe explode at the speed of light if I combine the two? (Good safety tip, Igon)

I am not familiar with Dreamweaver, so I can't compare the two. I really don't want to shift to DW for 30 days and then have to buy it because it's the only thing that works. The $360 is a little scary too.

I downloaded a .php / .html editor anticipating your response to the required editing of the user defined files in URSP. (Turned put to be a trial too. I'll look again.) I opened the user_registration.php file from URSP in the editor and copied the code. I stuck it in at what seemed to be an appropriate place in the WB5-built index page and published it, locally and to Hostgator. Nothing showed up on either page.

I am missing something so basic here that I know that when the light goes on I will have to go get the heel of my hand surgically removed from my forehead. But I can't, for the life of me, put this together. If all you kind, patient and knowledgeable people run away from this newb, I totally understand and empathize. I will learn this.

I am going to download the DB tutorial for sale at WA and see if that helps anything, but my questions seem more in the line of basic site structure than database ignorance.

Any suggestions? And of course, thanks for sitting through this pathetic diatribe.
Dan

(BTW...I am building for a non-profit, so I'm not just trying to leech hard-earned knowledge and experience from anyone. I will earn nothing and gain only sleep when this comes together.)

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...