close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Nothing happens after I go to Web Assist\CMS\Add Content

Thread began 1/04/2012 12:01 pm by doddsrd148990 | Last modified 1/04/2012 1:38 pm by doddsrd148990 | 1390 views | 3 replies

doddsrd148990

I do not know how to define a dynamic site, define a database connection and create a new php page saved to the site. I'm sure there are others like me who are not experienced in this. I am simply following the documentation which doesn't match what you are saying.
If the documentation is not valid, would you tell me step by step how to define a dynamic site, define a database connection and create a new php saved to the site - or direct me to a link that explains this?

Here is the documentation:

Select the content on your page that you wish to add to PowerCMS.
From the WebAssist menu, choose CMS > Add Content to PowerCMS. (this is where I can't go any further)
Choose the database connection you would like to use for PowerCMS.
PowerCMS Builder will use this information to create it's own database connection.
Enter a name for the content location.
In most cases, your content locations will be named based on the page the content resides on (example: Home Page, Contact Us Page, etc.).
Enter a name for the content area.
Useful, descriptive content area names will make it easier to determine the correct content in PowerCMS (example: News Pod, Main Content, etc.).
Click OK to complete the process of adding this content area.
PowerCMS Builder will then detect that the PowerCMS files have not been added to this site, and will copy all the necessary files to your site. Once all the files have been copied over, you will notice a number of new files and folders have been added to your site.

Installing PowerCMS
After creating your first content area, you will be notified to upload your files to your live server before installing PowerCMS. Once you have uploaded all your files, you will want to run the PowerCMS Installation Wizard.

To run the PowerCMS Installation Wizard, enter the URL to the page that you applied your first content area.
Since this page has a PowerCMS content area applied, you will automatically be redirected to the first step of the Installation Wizard.

The Installation Wizard will guide you through configuring PowerCMS and making sure that your server is properly set up for PowerCMS to run.

NOTE:If you experience any issues from the Installation Wizard, refer to the tips and instructions on the Installation Wizard for assistance.
When prompted for a serial number, use the serial number you obtained from your Download Center for PowerCMS Builder.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...