close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Many to many relationship

Thread began 12/17/2011 4:49 am by steelace396915 | Last modified 12/20/2011 10:22 pm by steelace396915 | 1957 views | 4 replies

steelace396915

Many to many relationship

I wonder how to accomplish the following with DataAssist:

1. I have an eductaion site where users/students should be able to access different media (pdf and mp3 files etc). Some files should be accessible to all users, some to just a few and so on. I have set up one MySQL table named "users" for all the userdata and one named "media" for the media files. I have also created a inbetween table consisting just of 2 fields, UserID reflecting the user table primary key field UserID and MediaID reflecting the media table primary key field MediaID.

2. I have built all the login, logout, registration functionallity for users with SecurityAssist and it works great now. I have also built an administration section with users update and file uploading to the media tabel in database.

3. A user who logs in successfully is transfered to the students page where he/she should be able to access his/her registration information and mediafiles which he/she has access to. I want to be able to show/list only certain files for different users but don't know how to accomplish this?

For example: Several users should maybe have access to the same mediafile and sometimes just one user should be able to access a certain mediafile. For what I have learned I need to have the Many-to-many relational table I described above to achieve this? I just don't understand how to set this binding up on the page? Someone please give me some input in how to achieve this!?

/Martin Johannesson

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...