close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Administration pages! Need help!

Thread began 12/13/2011 1:43 am by steelace396915 | Last modified 12/17/2011 3:09 am by steelace396915 | 2002 views | 7 replies

steelace396915

Administration pages! Need help!

Hi

I've created a registration page with security assist where a user can apply for membership and when done an email is sent to me for confirmation. The user only fills in his personal data like email, name, address etc. No username or password. This data is inserted correctly into my mysql database users table leaving the password and username field blank as wanted. I have initially set password field with SHA1 encryption when created all the pages from wizard in Securityassist. Now I have also created a set of admin pages with Dataassist. There I want to be able to update the record for the user and insert a username which I choose and a temporary password that I want to be sent to the user by email when I confirm on change in update file. The temp password which I insert should be encrypted with SHA1. When the user recieves his username and temp password by email he/she should be able to login and change only the temporary password to his/her choice from the update page initially created with Security Assist wizard. The registration process with confirmation mail sent to user works fine. How do I accomplish the update/insert of username and password (SAH1 encryption) from the admin pages when a new user is inserted in users table. Also how can I implement that an email will be sent to the user, containing the username and password that I insert from admin update page? I really need help on this! Is there a guide available to show how to do this? Could someone please point me in the right direction in how to solve this!

Regards,
Martin Johannesson

Short explanation on what I want to accomplish:

This is the code present in the Update Record (users) server behaviour for the password field:

<?php echo ((isset($_POST["UserPassword"]))?$_POST["UserPassword"]:""); ?>

This field is empty from the start when a user is applying via a registration form and a record is inserted in mysql database tabel "users".
When I go to the update page created from Dataassist wizard I want to be able to insert a passowrd for the users record and SAH1 encrypt it on submit (Update record).
I also would like to have the created password (encrypted but show in plain text to user of course) sent to the user by email when I submit the change in update page.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...