close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Please help- i only have 2 hrs to fix this?!?!?

Thread began 12/06/2011 10:28 am by sales189614 | Last modified 12/06/2011 11:51 am by sales189614 | 891 views | 3 replies

sales189614

Please help- i only have 2 hrs to fix this?!?!?

I have a ticket open (#135314), but as usual support is slower than molasses.

I am in desperate need of help. I have been getting support to get PowerCMS Builder working properly for 4 weeks now, and I have (hopefully) one last issue to fix.

I am meeting with my client at 2 pm (in just 2 and a half hours from now) and I'm afraid that support won't get back to me before I have to meet with my client. You might say, reschedule right? I can't because this client is so frustrated with the time it has taken to get this to work on his site, that they will not give me anymore time. So here is my issue, if someone out there can help me, I would REALLY, REALLY appreciate it:

When I converted all of the pages for this site to use the editor, I copied and pasted the coding to go into the content area into the code editor of the cms editor, then pasted the developer coding into the page and uploaded the page to the site using my non-Dreamweaver FTP client. I didn't copy and paste the text and add styles in the wysiwyg part of it, I did it all using code view.

So now, in a new or existing document, any new text I add that I do in the wysiwyg part, I type the text and it has no style to it of course, as it should be, then I select the text that I want to apply a style to and apply the style to it, but it applies the style to all of the text that comes after the text I had just selected and applied the style to as well. If I select any text after the text I just applied the style to, then it applies the style I just selected for that text to the text before it as well. Basically, it will not let me apply different styles to any text I add to a document WITHOUT MANUALLY DOING IT IN CODE VIEW. It applies the style to all the new text instead of letting me select say one word and apply a style to it, then select the word after it and apply a different style to it, as an example. It will only allow one style.

Obviously my client is not going to be able to do this in code view when they need to add new text to a new or existing page, because they do not know html, and need the ability to use the wysiwyg editor, that is the whole reason for the cms program afterall, so I need to find a fix for this right away.

Has anyone had this issue or know how to fix it? Users? Tech support? I'm sure it's something simple, but I don't know what and I am running out of time FAST.

Thanks!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...