close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Location of php.ini to increase file upload size

Thread began 11/22/2011 2:13 am by mike.gallagher285858 | Last modified 11/23/2011 10:04 am by mike.gallagher285858 | 4631 views | 3 replies

mike.gallagher285858

php.ini - I'm still a little confused

Hi Dani,

Thank you for your reply. I've contacted my hosting company (1and1) and have been given the rather lengthy reply shown below.

It's all a bit confusing for me although I can edit code, I'm just very worried I do something wrong and stop the webassist form I've finally got (after several days) working to stop.

If you have got time to have a look at this and give me any advice I'd be very grateful.

My question to them .....

How can I change php.ini?

Editing the php.ini file (recommended)

Every installation of PHP has a default or global php.ini file for the default PHP settings. Normally it is suggested to leave the default or global php.ini file unaltered and to simply create your own php.ini file wherever needed to override the default settings. You can create the php.ini file using a text editor and saving the file to the folder where the settings should apply. Please note that using a php.ini file to override the default settings will only alter the PHP settings for all PHP files in the directory where it is saved. This means that any PHP files in subfolders will not recognize the changes you've made in the php.ini file. You will have to copy the file to any subdirectories needed or created symbolic links in subfolders to the custom php.ini file.

Write each directive along with its value on separate lines. Lines starting with a hash symbol (#) are comment lines and have no effect on the settings within the file.

EXAMPLE
upload_max_filesize = 10M
post_max_size = 10M
mysql.default_socket = "/kunden/tmp/mysql5.sock"

When I log in to my hosting account with 1and1 I get as far as this before getting worried I might do something I shouldn’t

From Control Panel I click on New Local PHP settings and I’m given an option to type a description (not sure what to call this unless it is php.ini), choose php5, then I have to check On or Off for the following PHP settings (they are all currently off).

Register globals
Allow URL fopen
Allow URL include
Display errors
Zend Framework

AND FINALLY --- I have to select a directory i.e.

/.
/rapidncrprint.co.uk
/rapidncrprint.co.uk/foldernames
/rapidncrprint.co.uk/webassist
/rapidncrprint.co.uk/webassist/email
/rapidncrprint.co.uk/webassist/email/template

I just a bit wary I make a major mistake – any advice would be much appreciated.

Huge Thanks

Mike

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...