close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Has anyone SUCCESSFULLY gotten this fixed (Unable to edit your database with the...)

Thread began 11/10/2011 9:07 am by sales189614 | Last modified 11/11/2011 11:04 am by sales189614 | 1940 views | 6 replies

sales189614

Jason- someone just barely contacted me. I'm hoping they can resolve this, but it sounds like I am going to have to manually create the database tables, which if that turns out to be the case is ridiculous, I mean why would I purchase this if I just have to end up creating the database tables manually? I'm not happy at all with this, and am seriously going to have to rethink future purchases with WebAssist because of all of the problems in the past and currently with WebAssist's products, which is sad because when they do work they're wonderful. But I am honestly at the point where I think that I would probably be better off in the long run to just have my own programmer (or even possibly an outsourced programmer on the cheap) write me something that I can also just use over and over again for my clients.

And the reason I am leaning towards that instead of purchasing any WebAssist products in the future is MOSTLY because of my experience with WebAssist's customer service. It's about an 80% chance I will end up losing this client because of this issue, and all because I have been unable to get this done for him in the time that I quoted him, so this has made me look completely incompetent. But here's the thing, I made my first purchase with WebAssist in March of 2005 and in that time have spent a total of $1,961.83. There have been VERY FEW times when I have not had to request support for whatever it was I had just purchased, sometime's having to get a refund, and in all of that time, and this is the part that is making me SERIOUSLY reconsider purchasing from you in the future, WebAssist has NEVER offered me ANY KIND of "we're sorry" WHATSOEVER, either in words or in discounts to try to even act like they cared about me at all. So not only am I upset that I had to wait three days to get someone to call me to help with this issue, but I am more upset that I feel like WebAssist could care less about me individually, or about any of it's customers as a whole. So I am pretty sure that this will be the last purchase I ever make with WebAssist. I think it would be much better for my clients if I just have my programmer develop solutions for me as needed. Like I said already, that is so sad because the things you guys make that do work, are wonderful, but your customer service as a company (as a company, not you individually) is SERIOUSLY LACKING. I would think that in today's economy companies such as yours would be doing everything in their power to make sure their customers are happy customers, I know that I certainly treat my clients in such a way that will make them want to keep doing business with me for many years to come. That's something you guys might want to seriously consider. I may only be one customer, but I would imagine that if something doesn't change, I won't be the last.

If anyone agrees with me, please reply and let them know. If they realize it, maybe they'll start doing something to change it.

brandoli400690- thank you so much for taking the time to post, I appreciate it very much. I have recreated the database as well as the database user etc, with no luck. They are trying to help me now. I will certainly be sure to post my individual solution for others.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...