close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Product Options Administrative Tutorial?

Thread began 11/03/2011 6:49 am by Justin@AdventDesign | Last modified 11/04/2011 7:13 am by Justin@AdventDesign | 2719 views | 12 replies

Justin@AdventDesign

Ran through from the start, same problem

Ran through from the beginning, same problem...

I've attached progressive screen shots showing the settings I'm entering and what I am seeing for your information.

Here's what I did per your steps:

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  on the product insert / update pages, you would need to use the Data Assist manage relational table behavior.

you would create a recordset to return the available options.

DONE - named rsMaterialoptions

add a checkbox to the page. Set the value of the cehckbox to use the optionID column from the option recordset, set the label for the check box to use the option name.

DONE - and confirmed it was loading properly

Now add a repeat region around the check box so it will loop through the option recordset to show all options.

DONE - all the proper rows repeat properly with the proper value

*1- If this is the update page we need to create a binding in Dreamweaver before proceeding. Open the results page for the products table in the web browser, click on the update button for any product to open the update page, notice the address in the browser has a querystring variable, it will look something like this:
update?productID=3

DONE - mine is actually 'id', I'm using almost all the sample options database provided by web assist, but I'm tying it to my own existing master product table rather than the 'products' one provided.

Copy the name of the Querysting variable, in my example above it is "productID", then go to the bindings panel in Dreamweaver, click the plus button and select URL Variable, and paste the name that was copied from the browser. This will create a new databinding for the Query String variable used to load the product into the update page*

*-2 For the insert page, we need to find the name of the session that will be created when the product is inserted, go to the Server behaviors panel and double click the insert record behavior. In the session variable section, make note of the Save As setting, this is the name of the session that will be created.

DONE

cancel out of the insert record behavior, and go to the bindings tab, expand the session collection and make sure a session binding with the name from the save as setting in the insert record behavior exists*

DONE - update page still works properly at this point.

Next add the Manage Relational Table behavior.

On the first step, set the relational table to be the productsoptions table

DONE

On the Second Step, the "Main table Join" column is the productD column, set the data type to numeric.
- On the Insert page, click the lightning bolt next to Key value and select the Session variable that is created by the insert record behavior (refer to *-2 above)

- On the update page click the lightning bolt next to Key value and select the URL Variable used to populate the update page (refer to *-1 above)

DONE, set to id as noted above

On the Third step, set the foreign key column to the OptionID, for Options From Field, select the Repeating checkbox. on the forth step, you can review the settings and click finish  

DONE - I'm only given one option for hte options from field, but it appears to be PHP code that fits your description (see screen shot attached)

When I get done, I save the page and attempt to browse to the update from the results page and get the error I noted above. I then go back to the Manage Relational Table behavior I get a bunch of errors which I have on the screen capture.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...