close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

More DataAssist Errors Locally

Thread began 8/04/2009 5:11 pm by reneas.email303886 | Last modified 8/06/2009 2:16 pm by reneas.email303886 | 4855 views | 9 replies

reneas.email303886

Still Does Not Work After Column Renamed, Etc.

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  Database column names should not contain a space.

Try naming the column "PersonalReferrals" instead.

After changing the name, you will need to delete the pages created by the DataAssist wizard and recreate them.  

Jason:

I renamed the column to PersonalReferrals and it still does not work! Really getting frustrated. The resume_Insert.php page adds a record to the db. Currently there are 10 records;however, when resume_Insert.php attempts to redirect to resume_Detail.php that is when the error occurs. Appreciate anyone's help on getting this error resolved. Thanks!

Renee'

Jason:
Okay it seems to be only the resume_Detail.php page, as the resume_Results.php works and when I update a record from that page, which loads the resume_Update.php page with record I selected it updates the record just fine. The resume_Delete.php page works fine as well. So the only page that seems to be generating the MySQL error is the resume_Detail.php page...Hope this provides some insight so I can get this issue resolved today. Thanks!

Renee'

Support:
Okay folks thru problem solving I compared the code from both the resume_Update.php and resume_Detail.php pages. The detail page was generating the MySQL error and determined that this bit of code created by DataAssist was causing the problem, see code below:

?>
<?php
if (!session_id()) session_start();

I removed that code and now I am able to view the details of each record in my database. This was very frustrating, as I purchased DataAssist to help me develop applications for my clients quickly without a huge learning curve as advertised on your site and I have to say that bugs like this in your code cost me over day in development time. I would like an explanation. Thanks!

Renee'

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...